Sciatica Treatment at Walker Chiropractic in Miramar, FL
Do you ever get burning, searing, or throbbing pain traveling down your buttocks, groin, and leg? Do you feel clumsy and trip often? Does standing or sitting for too long cause excruciating discomfort? If so, you might have sciatica. At Walker Chiropractic and Wellness Center, our chiropractor in Miramar, FL, diagnoses and treats sciatica using safe non-invasive methods and techniques, so it's safe for you or your loved one of any age.
What Causes Sciatic Nerve Pain?
Sciatic nerve pain can develop when the sciatic nerve root becomes pinched by something where it exits the spinal cord in the lower back. Usually, this compression is caused by a narrowed or misaligned joint, degenerated, herniated, or bulging disc, or sometimes a bony cyst or tumor.
Sciatica is the term used to describe this sciatic nerve compression. Risk factors for this condition include:
- Sitting for too long
- Trauma, such as a fall, car accident, or lifting accident
- Advancing age
- Other underlying health conditions, including diabetes
Pain and Other Sciatica Signs and Symptoms
Sciatic nerve pain often feels sharp, burning, tingling, shooting, stabbing, or searing. Sciatica can also present with other signs and symptoms, including leg weakness, numbness in the leg and foot, abnormal deep tendon reflexes, and in some cases a sore or achy back and buttocks. Your sciatica symptoms can vary in type and intensity depending on factors like activity, time of day, and severity.
How Our Miramar Chiropractor Treats Sciatic Nerve Pain
Our Miramar chiropractor has helped thousands of Floridians find relief from their sciatic nerve pain using non-invasive and completely drug-free treatments. Here are a few sciatica services she offers:
- Chiropractic adjustments, including non-surgical spinal decompression, to reduce pressure on the injured sciatic nerve, facilitate faster nerve healing, trigger natural pain relief, and help restore normal alignment of the entire spinal column
- Corrective exercises, individually prescribed to improve core stabilization and spinal tissue healing
- Massage therapy and other soft tissue techniques to speed healing by increasing localized blood flow and lymphatic drainage (it also can ease your stress!)
- Lifestyle counseling to help you address hidden factors contributing to your condition (e.g., poor ergonomics and posture, poor sleep, etc.)
- Nutritional counseling and physician-supervised weight loss guidance, to help reduce pressure on the lumbar spine and make it easier for you stay active
It's our mission to take a comprehensive and customized approach to your healing. Discover the difference with our chiropractic team!
In Need of Sciatic Nerve Healing?
If you live near Miramar, FL, and are looking for lasting sciatic nerve pain relief, contact Walker Chiropractic and Wellness Center at (954) 639-7257 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vanessa Walker.