Chiropractors use laser therapy to treat many conditions, such as:
- Pain. This treatment works for pain caused by injury, aging or genetic problems.
- Wounds. Laser therapy may speed up the healing of wounds.
- Injuries. Certain injuries that involve the muscles and bones may benefit from this type of therapy.
- Inflammation. Laser therapy opens up the blood and lymph vessels. This may reduce swelling and speed up the healing process.
- Bruises. Increased flow of blood and lymph may help bruises heal faster.
- Sports injuries. Many athletes undergo cold laser therapy to help them recover from sports injuries, including muscle strains, pulled hamstring and plantar fasciitis.
To find out if laser therapy will work for you, contact your chiropractor today.