Walker Chiropractic and Wellness Center TMJ Treatment
If you are a resident of the state Miramar, FL or any of the surrounding areas, Walker Chiropractic and Wellness Center is a fantastic option for an array of treatments and procedures. In particular, visiting a doctor at Walker Chiropractic will provide you with treatments for those suffering from TMJ (the temporomandibular joint) issues. The following is a closer look at the definition and causes of this issue, as well as the ways that we can help fix it.
What is TMJ?
Simply put, TMJ is a term used to describe issues affecting the temporomandibular joint, as well as the surrounding muscles. Also known as temporomandibular disorder (TMD), this condition can be very painful and often requires medical intervention from a trained professional. If you are wondering whether you may be suffering from TMD, the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Pain in either one or both of your temporomandibular joints
- Unexplained aches or pains in or around your ear(s)
- Pain or tenderness in the jaw area
- Issues with or pain while chewing
- Pain or aching of the face
- Lockjaw or difficulty using the jaw joint/opening or closing your mouth
Treatments for TMJ
If you are suffering from TMJ-related issues, a well-trained professional may be able to help. Providing patients with non-invasive treatments is a chiropractor's specialty. Therefore, if you are suffering from TMD and do not wish to use medications or be subjected to operations, a chiropractor just may be your best option. We offer the following treatment options for those suffering from TMD:
- Bone Realignment: One potential chiropractic treatment of TMD is to have your bones realigned. This procedure involves realigning the bones within the neck, to relieve pain and issues within the jaw joint.
- Bone Repositioning: On the other hand, another potential treatment is to have your bones repositioned. This procedure involves the specialized movement of the bones that connect to the neck and head to relieve tension and pressure.
Either way, chiropractic treatments can be used as the sole remedy for TMD, or they may be used in conjunction with other treatment options, depending on the overall severity of your condition. Moreover, multiple treatments may be required in order to fully rectify your issue.
Overall, for residents of Miramar FL, seeking treatment for TMJ-related issues, Walker Chiropractic Center is a great option. Not only can they help determine the cause of your issue, but they can also determine whether chiropractic treatment is sufficient or if you may need additional treatment methods to fully fix your issue. If you are seeking non-invasive treatments for your TMD, visit the Walker Chiropractic and Wellness clinic today.